Something for him. Something for her. And something for all the family. We round-up the best things to do, places to go and how to get ready for Halloween. You will find cocktails at Harvey Nicholls, seriously scary costume party ideas and creepy cupcakes at Peggy Porschen. It’s all a bit of fun to get creative, whether you are planning to go out or stay at home this Halloween.
Halloween Cocktails at Harvey Nichols, 109-125 Knightsbridge, London SW1X
Get in the Halloween spirit on the Fifth Floor at Harvey Nichols. With a fun twist on the traditional punch bowl, the leading department store has created The Grey Goose Cauldron. It is filled with fruit, juice and the finest spirits – perfect for sharing with any witches or wizards partying with you. Grey Goose Cauldron: £65.
- For more details, visit https://www.harveynichols.com/news/2017/10/20/knightsbridge-halloween-cocktails/
Halloween screening at the Natural History Museum: The Shining on Cromwell Road, London SW7
We all know things go bump in the night and especially at Halloween, but you can expect the spookiness to jump to the next level with a special Luna Cinema screening of “The Shining” at the Natural History Museum. Hosted in the Hintze Hall, you will be watching the film alongside the largest skeleton in London – the blue whale. Tickets: £26.50 per person, including popcorn and access to the ‘Life in the Dark’ exhibition.
- For more details, visit familiesonline.co.uk/local/kensington-and-chelsea/whats-on/halloween-at-the-natural-history-museum—the-shining
Pumpkins and Pearls at Peggy Porschen, 116 Ebury Street, London SW1W
Start your Halloween party off in style with these diamantes and Pearls Skull Cookies at Peggy Porschen (£9.95). London’s queen of cakes has a delicious selection of cupcakes and cookies, including Pretty Pumpkin Pie (£5.60) and Ghost & Golden Spider Cookie (£9.95).
- For more details, visit peggyporschen.com/autumn-and-halloween/pumpkins-and-pearls
Pumpkin arrangement, Neill Strain, 11 West Halkin Street
Belgrave Square, London SW1X
For one of the most stylish pumpkin displays in Belgravia, visit Neill Strain, floral couture on West Halkin Street. The pumpkin arrangements add a vibrant and elegant twist on the traditional carved pumpkin or autumnal bouquet to brighten up your home.
- For more details, visit www.neillstrain.com/order-autumn-flowers/pumpkin-arrangement
Mac Cosmetics Halloween makeup tutorials, 109 King’s Road, London SW3
Gone are the days when getting ready for Halloween meant false vampire teeth and a wacky wig. These days, it’s an art form in itself and we have found the perfect videos to create the scariest looks from Celestial Sorceress to Galactic Ghoul. Mac Cosmetics on Kings Road has all the makeup you need to recreate your look.
- For more details, visit maccosmetics.co.uk/artistry-halloween
Hauntings at Hampton Court Palace, Hampton Court Palace
There’s nothing quite like a royal connection to increase the ghost quota and no more so than Hampton Court Palace. It’s no surprise that the ghost of Henry VIII’s fifth queen, Catherine Howard, can allegedly be seen and heard rushing along the ‘Haunted Gallery’. Families can take the ghoulish Ghost Tour of Hampton Court Palace.
Tickets: £14 adults or £7 children (minimum age: eight-years old).
- For more details, visit https://ticketslive.hrp.org.uk/hrp/b2c/index.cfm/public.event/eventCode/HHAL
V&A, In Focus Tour: Halloween at the V&A, Cromwell Road, Lonodn SW7
Discover how our ancestors celebrated Halloween and tried to scare each other with the V&A collection. It includes eerily sounding medieval cursed vases and Victorian haunted beds.
- For more details, visit vam.ac.uk/event/zm3aNJZY/in-focus-tour-halloween-at-the-v-a
Tricks or Treats at Semmalina Starbags, 225 Ebury Street, Westminster, London SW1W
Try Semmalina Starbags for some of the best children’s Halloween outfits. It’s the perfect place to stock up on treats from their Sweet corner, too.
- For more details, visit https://www.semmalinastarbags.com/
Hollywood Fancy Dress (online)
What not to wear? Well, for Halloween, anything goes and Hollywood Fancy Dress has some of the largest collection of outfits in the country (from scary clowns to Victorian vampires).
- For more details, visit hollywood.uk.com/halloween-fancy-dress-costumes
Best places to trick or treat in the area
Homeowners go above and beyond during Halloween. It changes every year, but from experience here is a selection of streets to try for some of the best haunted house displays:
- Chelsea, London SW3: Cheyne Row and Cheyne Walk.
- Belgravia, SX1X and SW1W: Chester Square, Chester Row and Wilton Crescent
- Henry & James is Belgravia and Knightsbridge’s premier estate agent for residential sales and lettings (henryandjames.co.uk).
- Contact Henry & James for a free property valuation or to let your house on Tel 020 7235 8861 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.